Life Purpose could be your career goal. It might be what you want to do most in life. For some, it’s their divine calling or the ultimate reason that they were born. Determining you life purpose can be difficult. Defining it can be excruciating. Mine is described on my website Stubbart.com.
I and others can help you get closer to determining how you can best spend your life. I use Spiritual Consulting to help with that. However, if you’ve thought about this for a while, you may have some ideas, but aren’t certain if you’re correct. And perhaps you know what it is, but would just like some verification.
The Life Purpose criteria in the following quiz recently came into my understanding. If you flunk the quiz, don’t worry. It’s possible that your life’s definition has other criteria. Go ahead and take this quiz whether you know what your life purpose is or not. If you have no idea what your life purpose is, this quiz will give you some good guidelines to go by.
Life Purpose Quiz
- Does your Life Purpose or what you want to do in Life, bring you joy? Does it bring others joy? If you hate your Life Purpose, what good is it doing you?
- Does it help you connect? Does it help others connect? This could be feeling connected to the Universe. It could be connecting to people. Etc.
- When you’re practicing your life purpose, do you feel at ease? Does it make others feel at ease? Yes, there will always be someone who doesn’t feel at ease, no matter what you do.
- Does it make you feel like you matter? Does it make others feel like they matter? Your life purpose might even make people, including yourself, feel special and important. https://www.yellowbearjourneys.com/beachreport/who-matters-in-todays-world/
- When you follow your life purpose, are you making the world a better place for yourself? Are you making the world a better place for others? Are you making a difference, even if that difference is only for you and one other person, or even if that difference isn’t felt for a millenia?
That’s the quiz. Short and sweet. Notice how all the questions ask how your life purpose works for you and others? If it only works for you or if it only works for others, it’s probably not your life purpose. It may be something which needs to be done. That doesn’t mean you have to do it. There are roughly 8 billion people in the world. Chances are high that somebody else will do that if you don’t. Chances are higher that several somebody elses are already doing that.
Some people will take issue with this quiz. They might say that we have to do things we don’t like to do. They might say that some parts of our life purpose won’t put us at ease, that we sometimes have to push ourselves do to things which are uncomfortable.
All I can tell you is, that’s not the path I’m on. Yes, sometimes there are things I need to do which are uncomfortable. However, I wait until I’ve worked past the uncomfortableness, before I do them. I’d probably better tell the truth here and say that I’m getting better at waiting. There are times when I’m like a bull in a china shop. I just keep pushing ahead, hoping it doesn’t hurt too much.
You may take this quiz and say, Oh no! I thought I knew what my life purpose was, but it’s not joy into the world, or …. Well, maybe it is your life purpose and you just need to add that element. Of maybe your life purpose isn’t at that stage yet. If your life purpose (or your idea about what your life purpose might possibly be) doesn’t meet all those criteria, don’t throw it out yet. You may just need to understand how it can meet those criteria.
And maybe you don’t need to know what your life purpose is. Maybe you’ll just live your life purpose by living your life. Out of 8 billion people, there’s got to be at least one person who’s doing that.